Sacred Classics — Pentecost Sunday program
- Spirit of God Descend Upon My Heart
- Breathe on me, breath of God
- Spirit of God Descend Upon My Heart –
(Virgil Fox, organ, at Riverside Church, NY)
- Come, Holy Ghost – Sowerby, Leo
(Choir of Trinity Church, Wall St., New York)
- Variations on "Veni Creator Spiritus" ("Come,
Creator Spirit") – Durufle, Maurice
(Friedrich Froschle at Ulm Cathedral, Germany)
- If Ye Love Me – Tallis, Thomas
(Independent Presbyterian Church Choir,
- Listen sweet dove – Grayston Ives
(St. Bartholomew's Church Choir, NY)
- Pentecost Choruses of J.S. Bach, sung by the
Bach Collegium of Stuttgart, Germany:
Cantata #172 "Resound Now, Ye Songs"
Cantata #175 "Now Spirit, I Will Follow Thee"
- Monteverdi Choir sings Pentecost cantatas by
"He who loves Me will keep My Word"
(#59 and 74)
"O Eternal fire, O source of
- Holy Spirit, Ever Living (Choir of All Saints
Episcopal Church, Beverly Hills, California)
- Fantasia on "Komm Heiliger Geist, Herre Gott"
(Come Holy Spirit Lord God) BWV 651 – Bach, J.S.
(Hanns-Martin Lehning, organist, at the Kaiser
Wilhelm Gedachtnis-Kirche, Berlin, Germany)
- Holy Spirit, ever dwelling – Howells, Herbert
(Choir of Lincoln Cathedral, UK)
- Grieve Not the Holy Spirit of God – Noble, T. Tertius
(Choir of York Minster, UK)
- Draw Us in the Spirit's Tether – Friedell, Harold W.
(St. Thomas Church Choir, New York City)
- Prelude on "Veni Sancte Spiritus" – Jackson, Francis
(Graham Barber at Salisbury Cathedral, UK)
- Pentecost Mass (Communion; Sortie) – Messiaen, Olivier
(Jonathan Dimmock, organist, at the Cathedral
of St. John the Divine, New York City)
- Fanfares to Tongues of Fire – Larry King
(Robert Grogan, organist, at the Basilica of the
National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception, DC)